Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm having a problem with People + to one of my systems, an HDX8000.

When I send to the system I don't see the content and the video freezes.

I tried setting up a call and sending to the far end system, an HDX 7000.

The far end sees my desktop but the 8000 just freezes like a screen shot of the far end until I stop sharing.

I tried going to dual monitor emulator and then the video does not freeze but I see a scrambled screen instead of the People + screen.

This system is a little different in that the output of the codec is being sent to a projector but I don't see why that would make a difference.

Any thoughts??

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Maybe the output to the projector is not being handled well, have you replaced the projector with a display just to test?

Also frozen video, or broken up video is generally an issue with packet loss.  What do the stats show for packet loss?

HP Recommended

I connected the system to a monitor this morning and am getting similar results. As far as video conference and the camera view everything is good.

When I send content via People + I see the Contact icon pop up on the monitor but I never see the content. Whatever the camera was looking at freezes on the screen until I stop sharing. I checked settigs and Display Content is checked.

HP Recommended

Based upon this information I do not think it is possible to make a guess upon the issue.  I would recommend getting HDX logs and WireShark traces and opening a service report with Polycom service.

HP Recommended

Disable the "Diagnostic mode" on call preference

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.