Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Using Polycom HDX 7000 and having an issue with the far end seeing my content sharing.  They can share content and I see it.  But when I share content with the people + content software they are not able to see it they get black screen.  I've got the 2nd monitor set for content and the h.329 endabled.  We are using a Juniper firewall.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

When asking a question always provide the software version on each side of the call and if this is a problem that used to work and now has not and all the changes that have taken place on the video endpoints and the network.

Does the call work when calling another H.323 endpoint on the same network.  You can test using a desktop client like the RealPresence desktop or a mobile client like RealPresence mobile.

You can also test to off network locations like:

Test your video at: 71.14.2.158 or 71.14.2.157

Digital Video Loopback at: 71.14.2.154

I would guess it is a firewall issue and the firewall needs to be H.323 compliant.  I could be they do not have enough ports open on their firewall to support the call.

HP Recommended

Video 

This is a new setup.  When I call Polycom demo numbers all works well, but cannot test the content sharing.

I will have to verify other info, didn't have a chance to do that today.  But we did try to directly connect laptop to the polycom & that worked they were able to see my content.  So I know content can get through, but only with VGA cable not the PPIC software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.