Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Rob,

I tested today and also with RPG not in a call, frames drops with PPCIP 😞

Best regards,

HP Recommended

PPCIP uses port 5001 for all communication. For the Group Series (RPG), the logs can be most easily found by searching for logs. This will take you to a page with a "Download system log". Clicking the link with download the system log package.

HP Recommended
Thank you I'll check Bets regards
HP Recommended

Hi Rob, I downloaded the RPG500 log, about 37 MB, but a lot of files and folders are contained.

Can you suggest were to look for, or can I send you the log?

Bets regards,

HP Recommended

Hmm, that's odd, the log package (usually called polycom_log_20161202141735.tgz) shouldn't be much more than 8 or 9mb. Either way,the specific files we're looking for are the messages files (should be messsages, messages.0, messages.1 etc). If PPCIP is having problems, many of those logs will be full off "Lost packet!" prints.

Feel free to attach the log package or logs and I can take a look.

HP Recommended

Hi Rob,

I gad done a fresh test right now, and attach the PPCIP log and RPG log.

The PPCIP log has the time with 2 hour eralier than normal.

Thank you for your support.

Bets regards,

HP Recommended

Hi Rob

I had checked the RPG log messages and as you said there are many "Lost packet! " strings, especially in message 10 and 12.

Best regards, 

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing the information. The  "Lost packet!" strings definately mean that the Group Series is failing to receive UDP packets from PPCIP. When many packets are not received, the Group Series will request a "fast update" from PPCIP in order to re-sync the video.

In summary, "Lost packet!" and "H26xEncSendFastUpdateUnproxy" prints point to networking problems between PPCIP and GS (i.e. something is not delivering many of the UDP packets). This theory can be confirmed by connecting the PC to the HDX via a simple hub/switch. If the problem goes away, then network infrustrcture is most certainly the cause.

Regards,

Rob

HP Recommended

Thank you Rob for your help.

Meantime I was thinking about the following possible cause: The RPG is licensed for 720p, not for 1080p, and the laptops resolutons were set above 720p.I was wondering if that higher resolution that what RPG can handle can be the problem.

I will test also your suggestion

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

Hi Rob

Today I had done some other tests related to the problem:

1.Changed laptop resolution form 1080p to 720p: drops frames again.

2.As you suggested I connected the RPG 500 and the laptop by a switch/hub and delivering content with PPCIP.Results: no frames drops

3. Connect the laptop in the same router as RPG: no frames drops.

Started tests with RPG in call:

1. Call directly to another RPG: no frames drops.

2. Call directly to a RPD from company intranet: no frames drops

3. Call in a RMX VMR: Frames drops.

To  conclude I think that the problem is in RMX or VMR.

If you have any suggestion, highly appreciate.

Best regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.