Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Just a short mention:

Tests with RPG in call were done with the laptop in the same router as RPG and RMX.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello ibucur,

Have you got some kind of network diagram as your multiple replies to the same post in different post's is very confusing.

You need to ensure that there is sufficient bandwidth in your network covering all network segments.

There are free tools out there testing as such and in addition Polycom or your Polycom reseller can offer chargeable services on top of this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Sorry if something is confusing in my posts and I will be happy to explain every misunderstanding.

Related to diagram, I can post all available diagrams, and all the endpoints had a BW of 5 Mbps, more than sufficient for any demands.

But for the moment, my conclusion is  (based on several tests done in different networking configurations) that frames drops has no relation to the network quality and occur only when calls to RMX VMR are involved, even in the case that all the equipments are in the same physical wired GB LAN.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello ibucur,

Again we are missing valuable information:

• Software Version of the RMX
  • Software Version of the DMA / RPRM if used

There are many appliances used and we would again need to see logs and/or traces.

At least for myself this is outside of the scope of free support I can offer via the community. From previous occasions I am aware that your GroupSeries is out of warranty / out of support so you should check this first.

In addition I can only recommend to check your network for any issues on your end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Please find below the versions of Polycom Appliances

GS - 5.0.2

RMX 1500 - 8.5.11

DMA -  6.3.0

RM - 8.4.1

RPAD - 4.2.1

CA- Web Suite - 1.7

MS - 2.6.0

Regarding the network, as I mentioned, the network has no problem at all at least frames drops dont occur when direct calls are made between RPG's hundred km away.The frame occurs only when the calls are made to RMX VMR.There I suppose to be the problem.

Of course that if our RPG were under support contract the problem should be solved by the first day, but until a new support contract will be valid, I try to find out the cause of this problem.

If helping in this issue is outside of the free suport you can offer on this forum, I can understand.

Best regards,

HP Recommended

@ibucur wrote:

Hi Steffen

Please find below the versions of Polycom Appliances

GS - 5.0.2 => Could be 5.1.2 m 6.0.1 or even 6.1.0

RMX 1500 - 8.5.11 => Should be 8.5.12

DMA -  6.3.0 => Should be 6.4.1.1

RM - 8.4.1=> Could be 9.0 or 10.0.1

RPAD - 4.2.1 => Should be 4.2.4.1

Please see my reply in regards of versions you could or should be running

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response

I had already knew about new software versions of the equipments, but because we are out of guarantee we can't update.

As soon as the suport contract will be sign we will update them.

But, as a personall opinion, I don't think that problem occur due to some inadequate software versions and for this reason I doubt that the ugrade will solve the problem by default.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello ibucur,

small correction, you can upgrade as long as you stay within the release and do not need an upgrade key. This has nothing to do with your warranty status.

In addition it is always useful to troubleshoot a current release rather than some outdated release.

I hope you get your contract status sorted soon so we can professionally look at this issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen

Best regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.