Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Picture artefacts and distortion on video conference between HDX7000 and VVX1500 on RMX2000 server

igor-yaroslavl
Occasional Contributor

Picture artefacts and distortion on video conference between HDX7000 and VVX1500 on RMX2000 server

At a conference between the users through the RMX2000 for HDX7000, VVX1500 protocol h.264 image starts to deteriorate, there is disturbance, artifacts. The conference is held in the local network, the connection speed 100 Mb / s. After a certain time interval is updated and all picture artifacts disappear. Further, all happening again. If you turn the camera on a large angle, it is also all the distortions disappear. How can I fix the problem?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

Re: Picture artefacts and distortion on video conference between HDX7000 and VVX1500 on RMX2000 serv

Igor,

Sounds like a typical network issue: network faults lead to accumulate the video distortion till the I-frame is transmitted. Check the call statistics, firstly packet loss and jitter.

WBR,

Mike

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 2 of 3
Polycom Video EP PLM
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Re: Picture artifacts and distortion on video conference between HDX7000 and VVX1500 on RMX2000 serv

Make sure your local network has QoS active and that the media at least, but all media and control is best, is assigned a QoS setting that gives it priority on the network.

Also take a look at the network stats to see if you are loosing packets.  And be aware that loosing packets on a video call can be actual packet loss or it can be packets arriving out of order and outside the jitter buffer time frame.

Message 3 of 3