Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We have various Poly Life-Size Codec with an RMA and gatekeeper and we have a new requirement where a site wants to be able to use their Poly codec to call SIP to other VTC's or IP smartphones. 

This may be to reduce the cost of T-1 circuits. 

We have Cisco Call Manager 11.x and several 2800 Voice Gateway Routers interconnected between sites. We have a combination of Cisco Call Manager and CUE's. 

The question is can we do Point to Point SIP between codecs and Codecs to IP Star Phones and bypass our routing infrastructure and avoid purchasing additional equipment, services or even going through Call Manager which would require us to alter our dial plan on the voice gateway. 

We are just trying to find a simple solution that we can enable with existing capabilities in our infrastructure. 

Please advise

Thank you

V/R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @dynamo ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I suggest you post the question using the actual real Poly product names so it gives others an idea of what you are after.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @dynamo ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I suggest you post the question using the actual real Poly product names so it gives others an idea of what you are after.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We are looking to establish SIP calling between our existing endpoints.

We are looking to achieve this with our existing setup with minimal cost.

The SIP dialing methods we are trying to achieve is:

1) IP dialing

2) URL dialing

3) e.164 (short dial)

Our setup is as followed: 

Servers:

Real Presence Resource Manager version 10.0.0-224386

Real Presence DMA (Gatekeeper) 7000

Cisco Call Manager version 10.52.15900-8

Endpoints:

HDX 7000 HD

HDX 8000 HD

HDX 9000 HD

Gateways:

Cisco 2800/2900 Voice Gateway Routers.

Thank You

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.