Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've got a slight issue when hanging up from a call.  The codec seems to hangup from the call though the session seems to remain active. The codec does not return to the homepage.

The codec is being controlled over rs232 with a Crestron system. The command I'm sending is "hangup all".  Using the remote control will hangup and return to the homepage, however sending the rs232 command just hangs up and remains on a page where you can select "end session". Is there a different command I should be sending to hangup then return to the home page?

Thanks in advance.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hello @Pete245 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

• What software version are you using?
  • What mode is the G7500 or what type of call is this?

I believe I have found a similar case internally so I suggest you get this into support and mention 1-16449813891/EN-175677 when opening a ticket.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

Below are the following details.

Serial number: 8G19334FD8D4F2

System software: Release – 2.1.0-208098

Hardware version: 7

I have only tried it with video calls, and get the same result whether I share or don't share any content.

I tried to contact support but I got a reply stating that the product has no active support contract in place. Is there a link or email I should go to?

HP Recommended

Hi @Pete245,

first I would recommend to update your G7500. When something is not working, have a look at the firmware and how old it is. If there is a new release, update first and test again. If the issue still persist, open a ticket at Poly.

Since you don't have a support contract, contact your reseller and buy one. If your device is under maintance you benefit from vendor support. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Pete245 

The device was sold back in 28/10/2019 so I am unsure why our records show this out of contract. I have seen you opened two tickets. 1-16471606326 seems to have been closed based on the wrong information and a colleague is dealing with 1-16491312761.

I am liaising internally with them on this and you should get an update. As stated by @mshu1  ensure you are on a currently supported version like 3.1.0 or 3.0.2.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it.

I have looked at the software release document v3.0.0.(mine currently v2.1.0) and its listed as a resolved issue.

"API EN-151779: When showing content or placing a call an active session starts and can’t
be stopped using the command-line API parameter vcbutton stop."

This must be the issue. I will install the latest firmware when I'm back on site tomorrow and will update this section.

HP Recommended

Thanks again Steffen and mshu, the problem is now solved!

Updating the firmware from v2.1.0 to v3.1.0 fixed it. There was a bug in that version.

For future reference: once ending a call, to end the session, the command "vcbutton stop" must be sent. This will return you to the home page.

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue and am up-to-date with version 3.4.0. I have tried the vcbutton stop command, but it just tells me that content is already stopped and does not exit the session. If I do vcbutton play and then vcbutton stop, it will exit the session, but that is not a solution. When I send the hangup all command, it just tells me that it's not in a call and does not exit the session. I need it to exit the session when the call is ended from either end. FYI the unit that ends the call does exit the session, but the other endpoint does not

HP Recommended

Hello @Dane_P ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please open a support ticket.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I have opened a support ticket and am awaiting a call back. I found this thread by googling and figured I might as well attack this problem from two fronts. I was hoping to find an API command for exiting the session, but have not found anything yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.