Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Poly G7500 HangUp Call not returning to home screen

SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Poly G7500 HangUp Call not returning to home screen

Hello @Dane P ,

Can you share the ticket reference usually starting with 1-?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 11 of 20
Dane P
Advisor

1-22195441867

Message 12 of 20
geirisaem
Advisor

Hi Dane P,

I'm dealing with the same problem with the latest software. Did you get a solution for this problem?

Message 13 of 20
Dane P
Advisor

I sure haven't. 

As a workaround, I have programmed my Crestron logic to send the command button hangup\x0D after the call disconnects. I am using Crestron's Group Series module version 4.0.0 and looking at the ConnectedCall_1_IsAvailable output. When this signal goes low, I trigger the button hangup input on the module, which is under the Remote Control Button section. It seems to be working, however, I read here that this command is not documented and 'could change.' If this suddenly stops working due to a Poly firmware update, we will be scrambling to sort it out for our customer! Not good.  

Message 14 of 20
geirisaem
Advisor

Message 15 of 20
Dane P
Advisor

Dude, that is the same exact link I put in my reply above. 

I don't think the idea of sending 'vcbutton play' followed by 'vcbutton stop' is a solution. The users will see the screen flip and flash seemingly erratically and won't understand what's happening. 

Message 16 of 20
geirisaem
Advisor

Oh, I didn't see this link in this thread.

Did you try the 'button hangup' command?

Message 17 of 20
Dane P
Advisor

Literally the first sentence in my post is where I said that I am using the button hangup command. 

Message 18 of 20
geirisaem
Advisor

Alrighty then

Message 19 of 20
Dane P
Advisor

I've been asked to provide an update to this issue, but there is still no resolution. As stated before, I am watching the status of the codec to see when the call is disconnected, then I have to send the 'button hangup' command to actually exit the 'session.'

Message 20 of 20