Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Poly G7500 support for 2 3rd party USB camera's

avs
Advisor

Poly G7500 support for 2 3rd party USB camera's

Hello,

Does Poly G7500 support 2  USB camera's (not Poly)?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Poly G7500 support for 2 3rd party USB camera's

Hello @avs ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

To my own personal knowledge, we only support 1x 3rd Pary USB Camera.

If in doubt please work with our support team in your region.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
mshu
Esteemed Contributor

Have a look at the release notes and documentation, there are a few supported cams:

https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/telepresence-and-video/g7500/releas...

Message 3 of 5
Uwe.Ansmann
Polycom Employee

You can hook up to 5 cams max to a G7500 - 1x HDMI, 1x HDCI, 3x USB.

Poly is not technically limiting that USB functionality to just Poly cameras, but - to be very clear on this - Poly just supports the cameras listed in the release notes.

Kind regards,
Uwe
Message 4 of 5
Long Hoang
Advisor

I have been test feature multiple camera (1 EE IV 12x HDCI + 3 EE IV USB 12x ) with G7500 ver 3.5.

But sound like, system only accept 2 source camera videos. After switching bettween all camera, system get some crashes, freeze and suddenly restart.

I believe poly will improve this feature in the future.

Message 5 of 5