Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Recent P15 purchase. Great device, however have two questions

1) Auto white balance struggles with warm light and tends to cast a strong pink hue to skin tone

2) Unable to change volume

Is there anyway to adjust these settings manually?

Steven

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @steven7 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Have you downloaded the Poly Lens App from >here<:

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes I did. So it looks like there's no option for white balance adjustment and volume adjustment. That'll limit this for some WFH scenarios then. Do you have any insight to whether there's any current plan to add these (at least white balance)?

This is a feature available with the Polycom Studio USB (but it's quite a bit larger and more aimed at conference rooms). Was hoping it'd be available with the P15

HP Recommended

Hello @steven7 ,

For the volume question, I am unsure as this would be part of the Windows or Mac OS.

In regards to adjusting additional settings, I bring this up with product management.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, it's possible to adjust within windows, but as this is a communication device, it's volume won't change based on main volume slider.

Plantronics Calistro 7200 have dedicated volume keys (and the new Poly Studio line does too), the polycom studio has a remote with volume buttons.

Understand that this device is a bit different, but then the solution would be to either change volume on in app (Zoom has a good interface for it, but Skype doesn't), or to go through window's sound setting interface (which is not great). 

The Poly Lens app already provides EQ adjustments for treble and bass under "Ringtones & Volume", and it'd be nice to have an volume adjust setting under that section.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.