Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have an issue with camera detection for Poly P21 with Zoom.

It appears that Zoom Client is not able to see P21 Camera.

How could this problem be fixed?

P21 is running 1.1161.67.2044

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey @avs ...

is the camera in the P21 detected in the Windows camera app or any other video application - meaning, can we nail it to down to the Zoom App ?

Uwe

Cheers, Uwe

Check my blog at https://aitsc.de/blog
HP Recommended

It turns out not being an issue with the camera itself, but with the firmware. Poly Lens (agent installed on my laptop) sees a newer firmware release (looks like the unit is currently on 1.1161.67.2044). When I press on "Update" button below. The message states the firmware is updating and Poly Lens window disappears without any indicator how long would the upgrade take. After waiting for about 30 min or so, I re-open Poly Lens and  it shows the unit is on firmware v 1.1161.67.2044, but "Control" tab is no longer available via Poly Lens. Next I re-connect the unit back to the same PC and "Control" (gives access to camera controls and settings) tab is back along with a message of newer firmware available. Looks like it stuck in a loop. Look like there is a newer firmware version 1.1162.68.2061 available at poly.com, but no instructions on how to perform custom software update via Poly Lens "Upload" option at "Device & Logs". Another strange thing is I was not able to register Poly P21 with Poly support as the serial number is not recognized.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello @avs ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I would uninstall the LENS Desktop software and start from scracth. In regards to the serial please call Poly support in your region.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I've to re-install Poly Lens, but the result is still the same with firmware update.

Trying to submit the case to Poly support via the phone.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Poly support acknowledged the issue and opened the support case. I will update this post once the resolution is provided. Thanks,

HP Recommended

Based on what I heard from Polycom support, Poly P21 is not considered as an Enterprise product. This was the reason why I was not able to register this product under my enterprise account. I'm also not able to find the case number under my account registered with Poly support.

The support has not provided any resolution on the issue at this time. Thanks,

HP Recommended

Poly released a new version of Poly Lens v1.3 for Windows on 9/15/21. After Poly Lens is updated, I was able to do Poly P21 firmware update to 1.1162.68.2061, which fixed the issue with P21 camera.

Poly Len v 1.3 has a bug fix for crashing during Firmware update.

Interestingly there were no posts from Poly on this issue.

HP Recommended

Hi @avs 

I posted the release notes earlier >here< but nothing is stated about the P21. Two Poly employees posted they can update the P21.

I check internally why the P21 was missed out.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.