Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

i've a X50 with Software Version:3.5.0-344025 in Microsoft Teams Mode. The Poly is connected via HDMI to 1 x Samsung Flip. 

A Notebook or Computer is connected via HDMI to Input 1 on the Poly.

Teams Meetings and everything around that is working except I don't have the option to share the screen as it seems the video input is not getting recognized. 

Is that a correct behaviour? I could imagine, that maybe a second video output for content is required on the poly to show that - or should that work with 1 display at all?

Thanks for your help!

Constantin

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @ConstantinL ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Our Partner Microsoft provides the Microsoft Teams application running on our devices. They are responsible for the features of the device.

To my own personal knowledge HDMI in is not yet part of the Microsoft MTRoA and is part of their roadmap.

For timelines please work with Microsoft.

I believe we have an internal beta that does have an early release but via the medium of a community, we are unable to deal with this.

I suggest you work with your Poly reseller and/or a Poly sales engineer in case you want to be added to the Beta if possible.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I (as an customer) can give you only this information here --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=66357 

On my X30 in Teams Mode I have the sharing button, but it´s still not working.

BR
Stein

HP Recommended

Thanks Stein for the hint! So looks like we have to wait some weeks, when this gets released in july.

Do you use a separate display for the content display without sharing? I guess pip is not possible on one display for that? (Or we have to use a notebook)

HP Recommended

As a customer too and following Neil Fluester from Poly you can sometimes get some cool info from Neil's youtube channel.

From the Beta 2.6 MTRoA  - Screen sharing HDMI button on TC8. 

Poly Weekly News - 5th July Live Demo G7500 Running Teams - YouTube

Have fun.

HP Recommended

Hello @JanCx ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

My colleague Neil often shows beta releases if approved by our partner Microsoft but the timeline for the delivery is with Microsoft and then our developers to integrate this into our software if required.

Other methods can be delivery of a new APK via the TAC by Microsoft

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.