Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have both the x50 and tc8 successfully paired to each other, but in Teams mode I receive the error message "Couldn't find any devices."  As a result, I can't control my X50 from the TC8 when in Teams mode.   The X50 is running 3.5.0-344025, they are both logged in with the same Teams account.  In the Office365 admin center, Microsoft is reporting the Tc8 is unpaired.  How can I get the TC8 to see the X50 while in Teams mode?  In poly and Zoom mode, the devices successfully pair.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
  • I'm having the exact same issue while using the Poly Studio x30 and TC8 device where it won't allow pairing and says "couldn't find any devices"
  • We also had another issue occurring where the camera didn't work in Teams and this lasted until Poly released an update towards the end of June
  • As of last week it's broken again because our tc8 is stuck on a loop where it wants a login, and after logging in with correct information it goes right back to the same log in screen (no error message)
HP Recommended

Hello @sslater88  and @justin.senseney ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A couple of comments here.

The Studio X solution is running our partner Microsoft software and therefore Microsoft is the best organization to troubleshoot Teams related issues.

Usually, when setting up a Studio X with Microsoft Teams the TC8 would usually already be paired with the TC8.

The status of this can be checked via the Studio X web interface going to General SettingsDevice Management > Connected devices

If the above shows the TC8 paired then it is not a Poly issue aka the devices can "talk" across the network on the known documented ports.

If this fails I can only ask you both to contact our partner Microsoft and work with their team to discover what is preventing the TC8 to communicate with Studio X.

@sslater88 

• In regards to the no video issue our Partner Microsoft originally released the
    MTRoA Teams APK with the new TC8 functionality so we could add this into the 3.3.2 release. Many customers found issues with no Video so our Partner Microsoft fixed this which we subsequently added into Software 3.5.0. In addition, Microsoft added a later Teams APK via their TAC.

If issues are still seen:

Direct call to Microsoft Support or via the Teams Admin Center Dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business-video/get-help-support?view=o365-worldwide

NOTE:     The customer’s Microsoft ticket must note that this issue is related to 20h2 or 20h2A update to MTRoA.

1. Work directly with their Microsoft Premier Support Account Management team to log their issues.
  • The same is applicable for sign-in loops. Microsoft made some changes to the Teams / Azure setup which causes some customers issues. If you see for example an Azure AD 50199 or similar errors.

From MS support team, there was a design change in Teams App.

1) If the user is assigned with Intune license, they will also need to pass the enrollment restriction policy assigned. If not, sign-in failed and the user will be redirected to sign-in screen without any information given.

2) If the user is not assigned with Intune license, they can still workplace join the device and sign-in Teams without any issue.

---------
    For this customer, authentication is coming from a trusted location and conditional access policy excludes the trusted location.

The user account must be licensed with EMS or Azure AD P1 licenses if it is included in a conditional access policy assignment and the customer's access policy assignment is applied to all licensed user accounts, resource or otherwise.

Customer's conditional access policies do not require Intune Compliance and conditional access does not require Intune enrolment to evaluate Android (otherwise none of BYOD devices would be working) so far.

However, due to the new design change in Teams app, requirement is now applicable across all Teams devices, not just ones deployed through Intune so customer has to change configuration to allow InTune enrolment to all Teams devices.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

I appreciate this information, and will attempt these.  My challenge is that the debugging I can do on these devices seems limited.  Is there a way I can get the x50/tc8 to display more logs  than it currently does?  I can already download logs from the x50 admin interface, but it seems like the logs I collect have limited content.

HP Recommended

Hello @justin.senseney 

I provided more details on the "known" issue >here<

In regards to the logs if they are in debug this is the highest level. The logs are not meant to be analyzed by untrained end-users and are for Poly support.

I also suggest involving Microsoft to check the logs on their end.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

• Simply enter your Poly Poly X.30 or Poly X50  IP address in your browser's address bar.
  • enter the username and password
  • Click General Settings
  • Device Management
  • Go Under Available Devices, select and pair the TC8 with your MAC address.
HP Recommended

Hello @kanyekim ,

Welcome to the Poly Community and thanks for trying to help.

Your instructions are valid for someone who wants to pair their TC8 to a Studio X or G7500.

The original poster has already done so but our Partner Microsoft Teams application requires an additional step with an already paired TC8.

If this fails please work with our Partner Microsoft on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I wanted to update everyone that this has been resolved.  The TC8 and X50 were trying to reach a Skype url when in Teams mode that was blocked by my organization's outbound  URL filtering.  We removed the filtering, and they can now successfully see each other.  Couldn't find any documentation from Microsoft on this dependency, so we just looked at everything outbound that both devices were doing in Teams mode, and disabling the URL filtering ended up fixing the issue.

HP Recommended

Hello @justin.senseney 

thanks for sticking with this and reporting back on the solution. What is the URL's you found to be troublesome so I can create an internal note to look out for this?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi can you advise what the URL was that you had to White List? As having same issue and our firewall logs are taking forever to filter down...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.