Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Poly friends,

I read in KNOVA article 43331 that there are 2 attributes I could set to provide a software upgrade server.

These are upgrade.auto.server.type and upgrade.auto.server.address but I fail finding a reference to them in either API or Admin guide.

Understanding there is a bug that will be solved in 3.3 (any timeframe here please?) is that something we can use leveraging REST API to remotely configure the endpoints?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi dorian@Pexip 

Yes, I have to agree that Poly documentation seems to be lacking here and no one is willing to keep it up-to-date (yes Poly team/people responsible for documentation, I'm talking about you here...).

Luckily some things can be found using Poly Lens service. If you register one of those PolyOS devices to the cloud, there is "Advanced" tab in "Settings" department. So I managed to find some info for you.

So there are two ways how you can configure device update:

a) Polycom Support Site

Set as a default. Values:

upgrade.auto.server.type="polycom_support_server"

upgrade.auto.server.address does not exist in configuration if above is set. Or at least it's not visible in Lens.

b) Custom Server URL

upgrade.auto.server.type="user_defined_server"
upgrade.auto.server.address="x.x.x.x"

You should replace x.x.x.x with address of your server. As far as I've done research, here goes:

Device contacts the server and then it looks for file "softwareupdate.cfg". That file is included inside device firmware package (poly-video_swbundle....). So just extract everything from package to get this file structure: eecube, ipmic, micadapter etc. Then in your URL reference to folder on your server containing those files. Example:

ftp://192.168.1.2/polyos

With this you be all set and ready to go. 🙂 I hope this will help you and maybe others.🙂

Cheers

Lukasz

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi dorian@Pexip 

Yes, I have to agree that Poly documentation seems to be lacking here and no one is willing to keep it up-to-date (yes Poly team/people responsible for documentation, I'm talking about you here...).

Luckily some things can be found using Poly Lens service. If you register one of those PolyOS devices to the cloud, there is "Advanced" tab in "Settings" department. So I managed to find some info for you.

So there are two ways how you can configure device update:

a) Polycom Support Site

Set as a default. Values:

upgrade.auto.server.type="polycom_support_server"

upgrade.auto.server.address does not exist in configuration if above is set. Or at least it's not visible in Lens.

b) Custom Server URL

upgrade.auto.server.type="user_defined_server"
upgrade.auto.server.address="x.x.x.x"

You should replace x.x.x.x with address of your server. As far as I've done research, here goes:

Device contacts the server and then it looks for file "softwareupdate.cfg". That file is included inside device firmware package (poly-video_swbundle....). So just extract everything from package to get this file structure: eecube, ipmic, micadapter etc. Then in your URL reference to folder on your server containing those files. Example:

ftp://192.168.1.2/polyos

With this you be all set and ready to go. 🙂 I hope this will help you and maybe others.🙂

Cheers

Lukasz

HP Recommended

Hi @LK_ENP  and dorian@Pexip 

I doubt someone from our Doc team is checking the community so it is usually down to us volunteers to report this back.

Similar info about the update structure was provided for a USB example >here<

Steffen

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you guys - will test this internally see how it goes!

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I have tested sending those 2 attributes but not sure the Studio picks them up - in the exported template cannot find them (even if others like time server for example are provisioned just fine)

Is there anything else that should be provisioned?

thank you

HP Recommended

Hi

SoI have also registered the Studio to a demo LENS tenant -

I configured a custom server upgrade server, the Studio picked that up but funny enough the details of this custom config is not displayed in the Studio config. 

Is there a way to export from LENS the config?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

forgot to paste in the only things I have if I export Studio's config

upgrade.auto.enable="true"
upgrade.auto.polling.interval="3600"
upgrade.auto.timeFrame.enable="true"
upgrade.auto.timeFrame.startTime="04:00"
upgrade.auto.timeFrame.stopTime="06:00"

As you can see, there is no server address here...please advise

HP Recommended

Hi @dorian@Pexip 

The only way to see Studio X config and "export" it from Lens is to go to that Advanced tab.

It's strange, that you cannot see at least "upgrade.auto.server.type" parameter.  What is your current firmware version on your device? Maybe it's too low and that's the problem??

My Studio X30 can see "upgrade.auto.server.type" with no issues (attached screenshot). Next, when I do changes and press "Apply" to save those changes, it's needed to switch do "Software Update" tab for device to actually try to contact the server. Otherwise it would probably wait for autoupdate time frame.

Screenshots attached.

Lukasz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.