Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Eagle Eye IV USB not recognized Windows 10

CIT
Occasional Visitor

Polycom Eagle Eye IV USB not recognized Windows 10

Dear Polycom Support Team,

when trying to connect a Polycom Eagle Eye IV USB with the supplied USB 2.0 to a notebook - running Windows 10 - the device shows up with a random string in the device manager. (Please see file attached)

Automatic driver update via the device manager does not resolve the problem.

We also tried to reset / update the firmware via the supplied tool, but to no avail.

The camera itself behaves as stated in the manual and reacts to inputs from the remote control as expected.
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Eagle Eye IV USB not recognized Windows 10

Hello @CIT ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I am quite sure the camera is only for Microsoft Surface Pro MSR Rooms or a Poly Trio with a Visual+

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
CIT
Occasional Visitor

Dear Steffan,

thank you for the quick response !

The Polycom Eagle Eye IV or Polycom Eagle Eye MSR is compatible with Windows 10.

We already had the setup working with Skype on a Windows 10 PC and the camera connected via the supplied usb 2.0 cable.

When we changed to a new machine, the camera was not recognized and showing only the random string at the device manager.

Proof of windows compatibility can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ2tI9WqN8g

Normally, the Eagle Eye should be recognized as normal webcam under Microsoft Windows.

Are there maybe some dedicated drivers available or is the camera in a system recovery state ?

Best Regards,

Alex

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @CIT ,

The Youtube Video from my colleague does not prove what the datasheet >here< specifies

• USB 2.0 connection to the MSR Dock or other Skype Room System docks to
    maximize the cable length between the dock and the camera
  • USB connection to Polycom Trio™ Visual+ Accessory allows you to see all Polycom
    Trio video call participants up close with pan, tilt, and zoom

I can only suggest you may try and upgrade the software but as already stated, to my own personal knowledge as a Tier 3 Support Engineer, the Camera is not supported on a standalone PC.

If you are still not convinced please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4