Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dears,

I have 2 devices GS 500 & 700, i dont know how i can upgrade the firmware. could you please advise what is the correct steps to make the upgrade.

Appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Karim Farid ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As already outlined by @mshu1  all the information is within the Admin Guide.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

have a lool at the Admin Guide, it´s all in there. 😉 The units should have an active service, else you can´t update them.

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/rpgs-ag-6-2-2/page/t-rpgs-ag-update-software-from-the-web-inter...

1. Open a supported browser.
  2. Configure the browser to allow cookies.
  3. In the browser address line, enter the IP address of your RealPresence Touch device using the format http://IPaddress (for example, http://10.11.12.13).
  4. Enter the Admin ID as the user name (default is admin), and then enter the Admin remote access password.

The default password is the RealPresence Touch serial number.

The first time you open the device web interface each day, and after you select any of the interface options, you might need to enter a user name and password.

5. On the device's Home Page, click Software Update.
  6. Enter the server address for the update.

The default server address, polycom, is the address for the Polycom public soft-update repository and has the latest released software version available.

7. Click Save.
  8. Click Check for Software Updates.
  9. Click Download and Install Software.

Download progress displays during installation

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, i have another question is there any method to upgrade the firmware through flash drive without need to connect the device to the internet to download the upgrade .

HP Recommended

Hello @Karim Farid ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As already outlined by @mshu1  all the information is within the Admin Guide.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.