Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Group 500 Skype Issue

AlienMouse
Occasional Visitor

Polycom Group 500 Skype Issue

Upon establishing a Skype/Lync call to someone in the buisness from the unit in question, the call goes throiugh fine & the person answers. The operator then wishes to add a second person to the call, chooses to add them in from the menu, finds them in the directory & chooses to call them. The call appears to be taking place, but then stops & the second person is not added to the call. This also happens when attemping to add another person into a Skype meeting that is already taking place. When joining a Skype meeting everyone joins & is able see & hear fine, its only when attempting to add another participant to the meeting, or call that it fails.

This functionality has been tested & shown to work on the desktop client, which leads me to beleieve it might be the Polycom unit at fault?

The unit has Multipoint, Skype & HD licences, AD integrated.

The nearest I got to the issue having a look around, was ... this post ... in which it also descibes the symptoms i'm facing, however having checked the unit in question, it is set to 'When available' for Require AES Encryption for calls.

Any ideas at all?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Group 500 Skype Issue

Hello AlienMouse,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
AlienMouse
Occasional Visitor

Software versions tested on are as follows:

Release - 5.1.1-300113

Release - 6.1.0-310348

Release - 6.1.2-380088

Appologies this was not stated before....

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello AlienMouse,

I believe we added additional PSTN Support in 6.1.3 so I suggest you test this first.

Best Regards

Steffen Baie

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 5
AlienMouse
Occasional Visitor

Hi, the calls we are making are not PSTN based, they are all using Skype, happy to try the firmware you suggested & re-test if you think it will make a difference?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5