Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've tried setting up the acoustic fence using a polycom group 500.

I've tried setting up acoustic fence before and never got it work.

After upgrading the unit to version 5 today I decided to give it another shot.

No matter what I do I can't get the unit to use the rear table mic for the fence. It just uses all mics as active mics.

No change when i enable and disable the feature.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The same question. Where we can find quick tips or setup guide for this function? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I suggest you download the Admin Guide for Version 5.0.0 and start reading from Page 101:

In addition to the primary Polycom microphone array, one or more fence microphone arrays are required.You can use up to four microphones with RealPresence Group Series 500 and 700 systems. The boundary radius can be two feet to several feet around the following Polycom peripherals:

● Polycom microphone array
● Desktop microphones
● Ceiling microphones
● EagleEye View camera
● Polycom® EagleEye Acoustic camera

Note: Mono mode only is supported This feature works in mono mode only. If StereoSurround is enabled when you enable the
Acoustic Fence feature, a notification is displayed. “Enabling Acoustic Fence will disable Polycom StereoSurround.”

There is some more Information in there that you can find.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

I've already read the manual, its not much help.

I tried getting the white paper but it seems that Polycom has removed this from their site.

I spend a few hours googling the issue but could not find any help on setting it up.

HP Recommended

White paper is lagging in being posted.

The first microphone in the string will be the active microphone, the others will be the fence microphones.  You probably need to adjust the sensitivity of the boundry microphones. 

Please provide the configuration of the option as well as the type and configuration of the microphones you are using.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've only got desktop mics. I'm using 3 mics, 1 primary and 2 fence mics.

The system connected to a video wall, there are 3 walls, 1 behind the screens and to the left and right of the screens. so only the back is open.

I've placed the primary mic right in front and the other two spread apart at the back where the room opens.

I don't have any polycom ceiling mics to test with.

HP Recommended

As we have discussed I am adding this for reference by others.

The Acoustic Fence boundry microphones required the Polycom Ceiling mircrophones.  The tabletop microphones will not work as boundry microphones.

The white paper for the Acoustic Fence should be posted by the end of the month, September 2015.

HP Recommended

Thank you,

I think this should be stated in the admin guide or white paper.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.