Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Group Series 500 Logs - interpretation guidelines or tool

Occasional Contributor

Polycom Group Series 500 Logs - interpretation guidelines or tool

Is there a way or tool that i can use when looking at RPG 500 logs? When you download the system logs, there are tons of files and no guideline whatsoever which one of those files should be used to help troubleshoot any issue.

My issue:  I have an RPG 500 (which has been working) that uses a SfB Online account to register to sipfed.online.lync.com:443  - all of a sudden it stopped working.  I need to decipher the log so i can go to my firewall admin (if FW issue) or network (if network issue).

In summary: is there a way / tool to make it easier to look at the logs?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Group Series 500 Logs - interpretation guidelines or tool

Hello @Ellegee ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The logs are traditionally not for end users and we do not provide any guides on how to interpret them.

For such issue most likely our trained support team would need to look at this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2