Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have 9 units which are in a conference 4-5 times a day in which the farsite video is freezing or screen is going black anytime during a call.  Content sharing or just straight video the video will just freeze or the screen will go black.  Audio has no issues.  Tried dropping the call reconnected but video still froze or screen is black.  Also tried dialing into a different conference but still have frozing farsite video or black screen.  Have to reboot the codec or power cycle the unit to get working again.  Rolled back the firmware on all units back to 6.1.5 and have no issues.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What kind of conference are you dialing into?  Polycom RC?  Skype?  

HP Recommended

We use both RMX and Pexip bridges.  Both bridges have the video problem.  Checked network config, packet loss is good, also tired different call speeds.  Like I mentioned earlier have no issues when using 6.1.5.

HP Recommended

Also forgot to mention that we also have a Group 500 that has 6.1.7 and it's also on the same network as the 9 Group 700's and that unit has no video issues.

HP Recommended

Hello mhaggerty@northern.edu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I suggest to get the logs of the Unit that work with 6.1.7 in the same network than the one that does show the issue and provide both Logs to Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Are you sharing content?  Does this bug match your symptom?

Content EN-12332 In H.323 calls above 1472 kbps, the RealPresence Group Series system might receive black video when sharing content in a RealPresence Collaboration Server (RMX) call.

If so, maybe open a ticket as suggested and inquire whether EN-12332 is your issue.  It is in the Known Issues section of 6.1.8 Trio release.

HP Recommended

Yes I saw this and I did drop the call speed done to 1M and also sharing content or no sharing content still has the issue.  I believe this is a different issue than EN-12332 but it might be rated to it.

We have 9 units which are in a conference 4-5 times a day in which the farsite video is freezing or screen is going black anytime during a call.  Content sharing or just straight video the video will just freeze or the screen will go black.  Audio has no issues.  Tried dropping the call reconnected but video still froze or screen is black.  Also tried dialing into a different conference but still have frozing farsite video or black screen.  Have to reboot the codec or power cycle the unit to get working again.  Rolled back the firmware on all units back to 6.1.5 and have no issues.

Sending 3 logs to the support team to see what they can find.  One log is from a Group 700 that is working fine.  One log is from Group 500 that is working fine and also has never had any issues.  One log of a Group 700 that is in a call with the farsite video having a black screen.  It happens around 30 mins into the call.

HP Recommended

Hello mhaggerty@northern.edu,

Attaching the logs to the community is not contacting support. Please contact support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.