Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear All,

I am not able to restore from USB Stick on Group 700. I have downloaded 4.0.2.2.tar and placed it to FAT32 forrmatted USB along with sw_keys.txt. sw_keys.txt file containing serial number only. Previously 4.0.2 was installed on system. Followed the steps as mentioned in Admin Guide. I cannot update to 4.1.1.1 because my system is out of warranty.

I am stucked up at the error "A compatible software update package was not found. Please save a compatible software update package to the USB device and try the software update process again."

I am using the front USB Port of group 700, when using back port the system is unable to detect USB Stick.

Please help me in this.

Best Regards,

Faizan

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Faizan,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The usage of a Key File should not be required in your case as you are not updating to a higher version.

Usually you simply dump the downloaded file into the root directory of an USB stick.

Have you tried any other Version than 4.0.2.2 yet?

Why do you need to recover the unit and how did it get into the state it is currently in?

Have you contacted your Polycom reseller yet ? It should be in their best interest to support you with this as they have sold you the unit. They can also usually open a PPI / Pay Per Incident Ticket for your with Polycom support.

Judging by your other yet unanswered post => here <= you seem to have several Polycom units so I would suggest you speak to your reseller. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffen Baier,

Thanks for your reply. Answers of your questions;

1. Have you tried any other Version than 4.0.2.2 yet? Not Yet. Because the next available option in download is 4.1, for which Key will be required.
  2. Why do you need to recover the unit and how did it get into the state it is currently in? Polycom touch panel was attached with this unit, one of the system engineer was trying to update that he ended up with this.
  3. Have you contacted your Polycom reseller yet ? It should be in their best interest to support you with this as they have sold you the unit. Obviously the next step is to contact the distributor, but was trying to sort this out at m own.

The previous Software version was 4.0.2, but thats not available for download. So that was the main reason for using 4.0.2.2. 

Will it be possible to have the download link for 4.0.2.tar?

Regards,

Faizan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.