Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

and all replies.Since Im more IT than AV Im going to take a moment to briefly describe my situation to make sure Im not

leaving out some magic tidbit that might lead to a solution to this situation.

Small conference room with a Polycomm 7200 codec with Polycom HD Eagle Eye camera:

http://www.polycom.com/global/documents/products/telepresence_video/da tasheets/hdx-eagleeye-compari...

This Point to point system works great IP to IP using the codec itself.

Problem is we only do about 20% of VC point to point (but thta number is growing).

We still do a lot of Adobe Connect web based ones as well.

This Eagle Eye Camera has an S-video out and just suprised be cant get Connect (or Skype) to recognize this camera (even thought the PC PCI card sees it).   I know I need to downgrade the signal to 640x480 and 20fps for web, but cant figure out how.  Tried Xplit but it didnt work either.

Thanks for any and all replies.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you are speaking about the Polycom Eagle Eye HD 1080p MPTZ-7 camera, there is a connection on the camera that looks like an S-Video connector. That connector is actually the VISCA (Control) for PTZ. Also, all of the Eagle Eye cameras output a component signal not S-Video.

HP Recommended

for the reply.  I think they were using the s-video recording capture output on the codec; not the connectivity on the camera directly. They programmed the outut to show camera only (as opposed to general Video Conference content.

I guess regardless of the way it gets to the PC capture card web-based VC solutions like Skype and Adobe Connect arent going to be able to display it.

HP Recommended

BTW, I was FINALLLY able to get this to work using the Svideo out to an Osprey 230 PCI card with a software app called DVdriver that forced the HD camera to be recognized as a web cam.  I would suggest to Polycom to make this a little easier as the one thing I learned in all this is that a lot of people go back and forth between full peer to peer VC and web-based.  To have one camera easily used for both in the same meeting room is huge.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.