Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

We would like to implement our HDX 4500 with our Lync 2010 environment. But before we are going to implement it I would like to see which features of lync are supported by the HDX4500 and how it works. We would like to be able to use file sharing in the videoconference, will that be possible?

Can someone give me some more information regarding this implementation?

Is there any documentation available regarding the implementation of the HDX 4500 and lync? I'm having a hard time to find documentation about this.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

You can find informations regarding HDX and Lync 2010 here.and here.

File sharing, without the realpresence content sharing suite, will only work in 1 direction - HDX -> Lync Client.

HP Recommended

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for your reply. Sadly enough your latest url isn't working... can you please provide me with the right url?

In the first url i can see that polycom requests the registrar url of the lync environment, is this the external url for the lync environment?

NB: Our polycom is connencted to an external IP address.

Kind regards!

HP Recommended

http://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/www/documents/data-sheets/realpresence-content-sharing-su...

If your hdx is connected directly the wan and has no connection to the internal lync server, you´ll have to enter the external adress (Edge Server)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.