Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am working with a user that has a Polycom HDX 7000 HD with Real Presence Touch on Software Version 3.0.6-37004. When trying to make an outbound SIP call from the Calendar on the Touch Panel, it doesn't place the call. The Touch Panel flashes for a moment and tries to re-load the homepage. Manually dialing the string works without issue.

Looking through the logs from the Touch Panel, the following error message appears:

07-14 09:36:43.757 D/CSAPI   ( 1277): CCOM:DEBUG:send[29]: (217) "{"method":"csConfTermDialList","params":{"pConfHandle":287118824,"pAddressList":{"listCount":1,"list":[{"rate":0,"Address":"teams.bjn.vc##126963935#1185741543"}],"siteName":""},"bAll":0},"id":2277008,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}"
07-14 09:36:43.773 D/CSAPI   ( 1277): CCOM:DEBUG:recv[29]: (72) "{"error":{"code":-4,"message":"Not found"},"id":2277008,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}"
07-14 09:36:43.773 E/HdxConnectLib:Comm( 1277): csConfTermDialList error (error:-4, Unknown error)

I tried looking up the error code in the Community and various other sites to no avail. This is the message from the Touch Panel for the Starting Activity of a failed call:

07-14 09:36:43.632 I/ActivityManager( 1050): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.CALL dat=vid_list:teams.bjn.vc##126963935#1185741543, flg=0x10000000 cmp=polycom.conference.polycomphone/.OutgoingCallBroadcaster }

This is the Starting Activity from a successful call:

07-07 15:36:46.468 I/ActivityManager( 1050): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.CALL dat=vid:teams.bjn.vc flg=0x10000000 cmp=polycom.conference.polycomphone/.OutgoingCallBroadcaster }

Both appear to be the same, not sure what the error is. Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Steffan,

Thank you and I understand the point of the logs.

Being that I am not a customer, but a third-party vendor trying to Support the Polycom equipment, is there a method of contacting Support without having to purchase a license? Would my question be better fitted for the Developer Community? I am trying to understand the nature of the error and determine if it is a fault on our end or with the Touch Panel.

I have proposed the upgrade to 3.1 to the user and will let the thread know the outcome. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

To provide more details, the touchpad firmware is 1.5

HP Recommended

Hello @Lee_S_BJN ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It would be good to find out if this is a Day 1 issue or something that only recently started?

What is the dialling order on the system? H.323 first then SIP?

I found an old ticket from 2012 being fixed as VIDEO-98375

In this case, the customer upgraded to 3.1.0 and the issue was fixed. The above issue was for Lync Online meetings so it may not be applicable for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The calendar configuration is a new setup, so it was uncovered just now.

As for the dialing order, it was initially set to H323 > SIP. We recently disabled H323 in hopes that it could have been an issue with the SIP URI not translating correctly.

The case you mentioned is definitely something to consider, I’ll have to check if there is a software license for the update.

Is there any type of enhanced logging or reference documentation that could help in identifying what the error code “-4” is? I tried searching online and found a site referring to the jsonrpc, but the error code assignment appears to be Polycom-specific.

Thank you again for your help!

HP Recommended

Hello @Lee_S_BJN 

Log consumption is not usually for end customers and our support team would need to be consulted in regards to this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffan,

Thank you and I understand the point of the logs.

Being that I am not a customer, but a third-party vendor trying to Support the Polycom equipment, is there a method of contacting Support without having to purchase a license? Would my question be better fitted for the Developer Community? I am trying to understand the nature of the error and determine if it is a fault on our end or with the Touch Panel.

I have proposed the upgrade to 3.1 to the user and will let the thread know the outcome. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Lee_S_BJN 

there is no such forum to discuss these issues. The HDX is to my knowledge end of sale and end of development.

Checking your credentials I would assume your organisation has a way into Poly support seeing that we are a partner for your solutions.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.