Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Have 1 HDX 7000 with MultiPoint License - Comcast Buisness Internet 20mb down 5mb UP (Main unit used to create the bridge)

1 HDX 6000 Charter Internetr 50MB down 10mb up

1 HDX 7000 DSL AT&T 1.5mb up 756kbs down (WatchGaurd Firewall - I watched the traffic to make sure nothign was being blocked)

Static IP address

I initiate a multipoint call, the first site always conencts (512kbs) , full video / audio.  The second site normally comes up in a black window.  After 30s to 1m the last site disconnects on its own. 

I also tested with the Polycom test IP addresses for the three way call, exact same behavior.  The first call goes though 1,000+kbps, but the second site "hangs".  Multipoint has been working great for us for months, nothing on our end has changed that I know of, and suddenly it just does this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appecatied.

Additional Infomation on the unit using the bridge the other two outbound calls:

Using one LCD for display:

Speed test shows 20mb down 6mp up on birdge

Upgraded to latest firmware

Monitor 2 / 3 off

Multipoint Mode = Discussion

Checked network cabling

Tried setting connect speed at 128k for each site

Content turned off

Using the polycom test sites should have elimiated any chance that it was a firewall issue.  Our bridge is not behind a firewall.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

How is your NAT configurations on sites?

HP Recommended

There is no nat.  It's all on static IP's without a firewall(s)

The one site with the watchgaurd, the firewall is in bridge mode.  But we can take that out of the picture.. Because if I call the site with the HDX 6000 (no firewall, static IP) (get video - audio) then confernce in say Polycom Test site in Austin, the Austin site video / audio does not come up, and would disconnect after 30s to a minute, if I pull up info-statistics like packet lost etc, it shows the protocalls but not much else, likes its not really connected.  If I then call the Polycome Austin site Directly it works.

I also used the pin-button on the front and did a factory restart. - No change in MultiPoint behavior.

HP Recommended

Can you try to make a call in same network environment? Use computers for calling.

By the way, what about your maximum call rates on HDX 7000?

HP Recommended
I'm out for a week, then ill test. Max call rate is set at whatever is default 1mb ish as I recall
HP Recommended

So as we were discussing, outbound three way calls fail.  So I tested inbound this morning:

Also changed maximum call speed to 512

Test 1:

1) Cisco Jabber Client using external Cisco Communciations server - Inbound to HDX 7000

2) 1 Tandberg unit on the same network - Inbound to HDX 7000

Our Polycom 7000 connected the inbound three way call just fine.

Success

Test 2:

1) Cisco Jabber Client using external Cisco Communciations server - Inbound to HDX 7000

2) From HDX 7000 to Polycom Austin HD test site

Failure, (2) Polycom Austin never fully connects, far site disconnects eventually

Now before you say, "ah ha, its your firewall", keep in mind the HDX 7000 has a static IP on Comcast Buisness with no firewall.

Any ideas would be greatly appeciated.  3 way outbound calling has always worked on this unit, so this is really strange.

So then I tried to do a three way call between a working site, and the polycom Austin sample site

HP Recommended

Video from two remote sites do not appear in discussion mode! 

We can only see video in pip mode for first connection, second connection we have audio but no video! This is a new hdx that was replaced by polycom. All settings from previous polycom that worked correctly are identical in new hdx. 

Possible problem with with monitors or firewall or something else???

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.