Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good Morning,

I have an HDX 7000 runnig V3.0 behind a Cisco Meraki MX80, regardless of who I call I cannot hear or see them, however the far end can hear and see me.  I have exhausted my brain and Cisco Meraki's Tech's brain on why is occuring.  On my firewall I have a NAT setup and I am allowing all traffic inbound and outbound to the destination IP.  Anyone out there using Meraki Firewall with similar issues, or have any suggestion on what to try next.  I have tried pretty much every variation on LAN settings page on the polycom but cannot get this to work, even restored the polycom and started again.  I have a feeling its a tick box or 2 on the Polycom since I am not blocking any ports at the firewall level.  Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Suggestion:  Download the RealPresence Desktop to a PC and on the same LAN try it.  That will verify that the system is working properly.

Was it working and stop or is this a new install?

What version of software is it at?

HP Recommended

I would have your firewall support assist in getting packet captures on the firewall interfaces to see/verify whether the far end media traffic is coming into the firewall. That would/could assist in determining if the firewall is dropping the traffic.

HP Recommended

Ok I downloaded RealPresence and that worked, I was able to to see and hear the remote end, I kept all of the settings default but just changed enabled NAT to the correct IP.  So this would tell me its the Polycom blocking some protocol.  I am running version 3.00.  This all started because we were having intermitent Audio cut outs during calls so I did a restore on the Polycom, ever since i have been unable to hear or see the far end.  As far as packet captures go, Cisco can see traffic going out and return traffic.  However from what they told me it appears that SIP traffic is not flowing correctly.  And they are blaming that on the Polycom because my rules on the firewall are not blocking any traffic, basically my firewall is hands off when it comes to the destination IP. 

HP Recommended

However dosent realpresence traverse firewalls. I dont think it  need ports open for it to work.

HP Recommended

Yes it does, but this narrows the focus of the troubleshooting to the firewall and the transversal of it.  I am not familiar with the firewall you mention but hopefully others will be.

HP Recommended

And you're using SIP calls on the HDX and not H.323?

What about doing a packet capture on the HDX to see what address is being sent in the INVITE or SETUP/H.245 to the other side for media to be set up on?  It could be it is sending its private internal address embedded instead of the external NAT address.

HP Recommended

I am using SIP and when we did a packet capture we could see NAT was working correctly, the public IP is the address being sent.   As far as H.245 i dont see that as an option on my polycom. 

HP Recommended

H.245 is part of the H.323 protocol session, which doesn't come into play if you're using SIP.

In your SIP packet capture, after the INVITE and 200 OK from the far side, your endpoint sends a 200 OK with SDP.  The FROM IP address in the Message Header isn't the one used  for the media stream connection but the SDP address in the Message Body is used.  Is that showing the public IP address as well?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Did you ever figure this out? I have a similar configuration (Polycom HDX 8000 behind a Meraki MX80), but my problem seems to be the reverse of yours. The HDX 8000 can receive the audio and video through the firewall, but its' own audio and video do not make it out through the firewall.  Anyhting you have to offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.