Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Long time user of Polycom phones and VC units, first real problem after replacing an HDX 7000 with a new unit after RMA.

The unit is connected to a camera and there is a computer connected to it as "content".

As per attached picture, the new unit is detecting or offering the option for a Camera 2 as well as Camera 3 (aka the DVI for the PC input) and, when selecting the content option on the remote, both surces are presented on screen for selection (nothing is connected to any other input nor audio nor video except the DVI from the PC). In the previous unit we had, pressing content on the remote would switch between the camera and the PC without the extra step of having to select the PC. Also, from the PC, the old unit would switch back to the camera by pressing content but the new one is offering the extra option and we need to select PC Off to go back to the camera.

Same latest available firmware on both units.

I checked all settings multiple times but it seems there is no option to enable/disable the different inputs.

Am I missing something? Is there a magic section I cannot see/find? Ultimately, is there a way of having the new unit behave like the old and only have the PC option as content?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You can make the VCR people and that would give you only the Camera 3 as content input.

See if that gets you to where you want to be.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I tried that and, unfortunately, when I change VCR (Camera 2) to People Camera 3 changes to People too making the PC unavailable as content.

Please, advise for next steps.

Cheers

HP Recommended

So long since I worked with the 7000 that is right, due to internal restrictions that is the case, inputs 2 and 3 follow each other for People or Content.

Let me think about it a bit more.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you have a chance of thinking about this? Any ideas on how to address it?

Thanks

Enrico

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

Any update on this topic? It all went quiet even though the post had heaps of visits.

Thanks

Enrico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.