Visitor

Polycom HDX 7000 reboots when receiving content from Lifesize ICON 600

Hello,

Specs:

Polycom HDX 7000

Software Version = Release - 3.1.10-51067

Lifesize ICON 600

System version = LS_RM3_2.9.1 (2001)

Secondary Stream is active for the Polycom unit.  

Sending content from the Lifesize to the Polycom.  The Polycom graphic diappears on the display configured for content and the system reboots.

Changed Call Speeds - no change

Thanks
Doug

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom HDX 7000 reboots when receiving content from Lifesize ICON 600

Hello Doug,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The HDX 3.1.10 Release notes page 58 mention this:

Description Workaround
The HDX system rebooted when attempting to receive content from LifeSize Icon 600 at a call rate of 768 Kbps. This function works as designed. Restrict the call rate at 512 Kbps.

What Call Speed did you test it with ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
BlumDoug
Visitor

Thank you!

Still not exactly sure how to limit the call speeds to 512 kbps and in which direction?  Does this affecrt both streams, Video and Content from the Lifesize

We are running  HDX 3.1.10 and the release notes references 3.1.6.  Please explain how a reboot of a device is functioning as designed.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 5
BlumDoug
Visitor

Setting the call speeds to 512k does not solve the problem.  We are still expereincing a reboot of the Polycom HDX 7000 when sharing content from a Lifesize ICON 600.

What's Next?

Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Doug,

This is not really a bug on HDX side but a limitation which is a known behavior and already mentioned within LifeSize release notes. The resolution that is being sent from Lifesize is not supported on HDX, we have therefore implemented code changes to try to avoid the crash.

You should therefore get the Life Size users to restrict the call rate at 512 Kbps because of the known limitation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 5