Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

New to the forum and hoping for some help setting up our Polycom HDX 7000 endpoint in a new office. We are in a managed office space and the network is configured externally for us. I have had the following email from the external company regarding our Video Conference System:

"Your company has a single public IP address at the managed office.  Our firewall uses port address translation (PAT) to map all internal company hosts to their public IP and use a VLAN to present their network traffic to the unit switch.  Our firewall handles DHCP addressing.

Does the Polycom need a dedicated public IP address or can it use a static internal address that is translated?  We can translate inbound traffic to a single internal IP address using static NAT and permit external services access to this IP.  Outbound traffic can be initiated from any host on any port. 

Otherwise, we would need to allocate a second public IP address without PAT and supply your company with a router to route traffic from the Polycom to the Internet and back. "

I would be really grateful if anyone can help us.

Regards

James

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello James,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Video FAQ contains these post's here:

Jun 21,2014 Question: Are there specific Ports in my firewall that I need to open in order to utilize video conferencing?

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <=.

In addition check this FAQ post => here <= for more details and troubleshooting suggestions

and

Jun 21,2014 Question: What could be causing one way video or one way audio when utilizing video conferencing?

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <= in order to open the relevant firewall ports.

In addition check this FAQ post => here <= for more details and troubleshooting suggestions.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen.

From the "FAQ Ports in a firewall that need to be open in order to utilize video conferencing" can you tell me which ports are relevant to a HDX 7000 endpoint please?

Kind regards

James

HP Recommended

Hello James,

I had already replied:

• Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage"=> here <=.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have read the manuals but still cannot find answer to our network engineers specific questions. Can anyone help?

"Your company has a single public IP address at the managed office.  Our firewall uses port address translation (PAT) to map all internal company hosts to their public IP and use a VLAN to present their network traffic to the unit switch.  Our firewall handles DHCP addressing.

Does the Polycom need a dedicated public IP address or can it use a static internal address that is translated?  We can translate inbound traffic to a single internal IP address using static NAT and permit external services access to this IP.  Outbound traffic can be initiated from any host on any port. 

Otherwise, we would need to allocate a second public IP address without PAT and supply your company with a router to route traffic from the Polycom to the Internet and back. "

HP Recommended

PAT is not supported.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.