I have a Polycom HDX 8000 endpoint on which i am not able to make or receive calls over IP.
It was all working fine and stopped working all of a sudden.
I have a Sonicwall in the network before the polycom device reaches out.
when trying to make a call it doesnt go through and the circle on the bottom left just stays on the 1st grey quarter & doesnt proceed further.
Whereas when i receive a call i can see where is it coming from and when i accept, the circle on the bottom left of the screen turns green suggesting its connected but the opposite party or me cannot see / hear each other.
Need advise on this.
1. Check Fixed ports
2. open all necessary ports in you firewall.in both directions (1720+range from HDX - check PDF here)
3. Forward this ports from external address you NAT to internal address of you HDX (In Netgear)
4. Nat Configuration - Manual
5. Specify External address of you NAT in NAT Configuration Field
6. Uncheck Nat is H.323 Compatible