I have an issue when video conferencing with Southampton and Prestwick.
When in a video conference the quality from Prestwick to Southampton is perfect quality and the quality from Southampton to Prestwick is washed out and appears blurry.
We have had our supplier Empower in to do some various tests but can't find any more faults.
Is there any help or advice you could give on this issue? If you require any more information please let me know.
Please provide us with more information:
1) Have you tested a different Endpoint from the two specified locations
2) Does this happen between the two Endpoints or Regions only?
3) DO you receive packet loss on Tx or Rx?
4) Please also attach as much visual information as possible.
5) What Video Resolution is provided for both Tx and Rx from the Endpoint side that is providing the bad video transmission.
Appologies for the late reply and many thanks for the response.
We have tested different cameras on both end points and regions and do not recieve packet loss.
I have attached a comparison made between sites.
Sit would not let me attach, here is the table:
|Call 1:||Call 2:|
|B1 Call Speed:||384 K||384 K||Call Speed:||1920 K||1920 K|
|B2 Call Speed:||---||---|
|Video Protocol:||H.264||H.264||Video Protocol:||H.264||H.264|
|Video Annex:||---||---||Video Annex:||---||---|
|Video Format:||CIF||4CIF||Video Format:||CIF||CIF|
|Audio Protocol:||G.722.1C||G.722.1C||Audio Protocol:||SirenLPR||SirenLPR|
|Errors (B1/B2):||0||Total Packets Lost:||0||0|
|Sync (B1/B2):||+||% Packet Loss:||0.00%||0.00%|
|Call Encryption:||Off||Call Encryption:||AES-256 / DH-1024 / 2e65bdb44910316c|
|Call Type:||H.320||Call Type:||H.323|
|Audio Rate:||48 K||48 K||Audio Rate:||64 K||64 K|
|Video Rate:||335 K||334 K||Video Rate:||1792 K||1792 K|
|Video Rate Used:||276 K||313 K||Video Rate Used:||1636 K||1058 K|
|Video Frame Rate:||25||30||Video Frame Rate:||25||25|
|Video Packets Lost:||0||0|
|Video Jitter:||7 ms||6 ms|
|Audio Packets Lost:||0||0|
|Audio Jitter:||3 ms||3 ms|
|Maximum Audio Jitter:||3 ms||3 ms|
|Content Protocol:||H.263||---||Content Protocol:||H.263||H.263|
|Content Format:||---||---||Content Format:||---||---|
|Content Rate:||0||Content Rate:||0|
|Content Rate Used:||0||---||Content Rate Used:||0||0|
|Content Frame Rate:||0||-||Content Frame Rate:||0||0|
|Content Packets Lost:||0||---||Content Packets Lost:||0||0|
|Video FEC Errors:||0||Video FEC Errors:||0|
|Far Site Name:||removed by mod||Far Site Name:||SPACE CTC|
|Far Site System:||Polycom||Far Site System:||Polycom/HDX 8000 HD/Release - 3.0.5-22695|
|Far Site Number:||removed by mod||Far Site Number:||10.127.25.10|
It was Multipoin or Point to Point connection?
What is the endpoint and sw version at Call 1 ?
Video Format -
CALL 1 - TX CIF / RX 4CIF
CALL 2 - TX CIF / TX CIF
CALL 1 - OFF
CALL 2 - AES-256 / DH-1024 / 2e65bdb44910316c
Two things strike me as odd here.
AES encryption is off on one codec but on in the higher rate call. Check both HDX8ks have AES set to "When available" in Admin>General>Security.
Not surprised you're getting CIF (352 x 288) in your 384k call but not in your 1920k call. That should be at least 720p.
Check both Camera 1 setups set for "Sharpness". You have enough bandwidth to do HD @ 1920k @ 25frames per second at least. (Admin>Camera>Video Quality = Sharpness).
Software rev both units to V184.108.40.206.
Perhaps my Polycom colleagues could comment on the possible efficacy of employing the telnet command
config preferresolution 0 true
We have HDX8000 and RMX 1500, DMI 700 and resource manager....
Problem that we find are listed below......
When we connect end point to end point, there are no packet loss and resolution are as per call call rate....that means ....1024 k call 720 p resolution. But video rate it use 900 transmit and 600-700 receive....
but when we connect through RMX, the resolution falls down to CIF and video rate used transmit 800-900 but receive gets 200-300. Thus video at the endpoints gets distorted....
We prepared a lab test when we depicted the network under a microtick router under one cisco swicth( RMX, DMI,ENDpoints) and result are same.....
Need to advice to recover the situation......