Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a polycom HDX 8000 that will not boot, I have also tried factory resetting the system and it will not factory reset. When the system boots it gets gets to loading Video DSP's and then sis there and restarts. Factory reset just sits at the Polycom splash screen for over an hour and nothing happens. I have tried the USB Update but do not have an update key and I am not sure that holding the factory reset button on the front for 15+ seconds is actually doing anything. Any help or other ideas I could try would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
hi RThibdeau,

Thanks for your question. That's a strange problem!

I would recommend that you turn off the system completely for a few mins and remove all cables .Then boot the system again just a new power cable and connect the peripherals one at a time .

In case there are some cables not seated correctly or the cable itself is faulty then it may cause the HDX to not boot or constantly reboot.

Hope this helps!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, I have tried your solution and it is still doing the same thing. Aside from the little hole under the power button, is there another way to restore the unit to Factory Default.

HP Recommended
hi RThibdeau,

Factory default is not likely to help here . As you are seeing DSP related errors which is related to hardware . I would you raise an incident with our support teams for a thorough investigation . Possibly the unit needs to be replaced.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.