Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

We have a Polycom HDX and we succesfully registered it to our Lync server.

But when we try to establish a call between them, we get errors.

We can see Polycom online on Lync and  If we call Polycom, calls for a second and then says "the far site disconnected" (on Polycom side).

And if we call Lync from Polycom then we have a "video was not accepted" error on Lync.

We use software "3.0.5-22695".

I searched forums and internet and found that i should uncheck "basic mode" in polycom but i cant see any basic mode setting in Polycom web interface.

Any recommendations please,

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

That error is typically related to a media encryption mismatch.  Make sure to set the 'AES Encryption' setting on the HDX to When Available so that SRTP media encryption can be established with the Lync client if the Lync Server is enforcing this (which it does by default).

HP Recommended

"Basic Mode" was correctly re-named Diagnostic Mode in newer software builds.  You'll find it in HDX Admin>Network>Call Preferences.

Pete

HP Recommended

Hello Jeff,

Thanks, i did what you explained.

First of all, If I set AES Encyription to "No encyription", I cannot call Lync, so i definitely need encyription.

By default, AES Encyription was set to "Required for All Calls". I changed it to "When Available" but same scenario again.

When Polycom calls Lync, it rings but nothing happens when I click accept video call. Lync rings for like 30 seconds then Polycom cancels the call.

And when I call Polycom, Polycom rings for a second and then says "far site disconnected" and Lync says "video was not accepted".

What could it be? 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you Pete,

Yes, i've found Diagnostics Mode but its unchecked.

Okan

HP Recommended

Cheak the dignostic mode,it makes your system able to make video call over a low speed,enable the mode then try to connect.

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Hello YashPal

I tried, no luck.

But i find something interesting.

I still cannot make a video call but when I call Lync, if Lync user accepts the call as "audio only" then it connects and we can hear each other.

I still cannot understand why cant I make video calls...

Any ideas about this?

HP Recommended

Do I need a RTV key for video calling Lync?

HP Recommended

RTV License. Ideally yes.  Without it you'll only get H.263 CIF video & if you check Diagnostic Mode you won't get that either.

Diagnostic Mode forces the Codec to do H.261 Video & G.711 Audio.

Jeff Schertz' posts on this mention a switch in the Lync environment that if set requires all calls to be encrypted.  Polycoms do AES, Lync doesn't.  If I can find his post & i'll link you to it.

Pete

HP Recommended

No the RTV license is not a requirement as you can perform peer to peer video calls between the HDX and a Windows OC 2007 or Lync 2010 client utilizing H.263 at CIF resolution only.

Without the RTV Options key the HDX cannot participate or join in Lync multi-party video calls, nor handle peer to peer calls with Mac Lync clients.

The HDX AES encryption setting also controls the behavior of the HDX handling SRTP media encryption compatible with OCS and Lync clients.  It should be set to When Available on older firmware versions, while in newer versions the HDX will automatically configure that setting to match the Lync media encryption global setting when it registers to the Lync server.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.