Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Our polycom HDX 8000 is behind the Cisco ASA firewall. Internal IP address is assigned to the polycom and the required ports are open through firewall.

I have following the below guide to configure our ASA

http://community.polycom.com/polycom/attachments/polycom/VideoEndpoints/1930/1/How%20To%20-%20Config...

We have installed a Real Presence Desktop Application on a laptop which is behind NAT and trying to establish a call with HDX. The call is established but far site ( laptop user) cannot see/hear the polycom HDX user.

When polycom hdx recieves a call its see the private ip address 

Polycom Configuration

Fixed Ports Checked

NAT Configuration set to manual

I would highly appreciate any help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have the classic NAT issue.

I just give you two links to the community posts

one , two 

and add some ways to resolve a problem

1) the latest RPD software (3.1) has a NAT traversal capability in standalone mode, try to play with this settings, but I don't think that it will resolve your issue.

2) if you have an opportunity, assign the public IP address to your laptop

3) you should contact your Polycom reseller and ask him about Polycom Firewall-NAT traversal solution

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Dears,

Please need help

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Samir,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If you require urgent support and non of the community volunteers have responded and other posts that can be found via the community search are not sufficient you should contact your Polycom reseller so they can raise a ticket with Polycom support on your behalf.

You can also follow up directly with us as outlined in my signature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks

Is it possible if i can get some help without contacting reseller

Thanks

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Samir,

You can also follow up directly with us as outlined in my signature.

Hello Samir,

I had already replied the above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Samir

I guess you have a NAT\firewall issue on your site, where you use the laptop.

some troubleshooting steps:

1) check Real Presence Desktop Application NAT configuration (Network - Use NAT)

2) try test calls to VTCTest (71.14.2.157(HDX) or 71.14.2.158(HDX)) from both your location

3) check firewall configuration on the laptop site

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

My laptop is behind the ADSL modem. The laptop is assigned with private lan IP address and the modem is doing the NATing.

I have also tried using Real Presense Software on iPhone using 3G Network.

But the polycom when recieving the call sees the private IP address of the clients devices

Any solution to this issue

Thanks for your support

HP Recommended

You have the classic NAT issue.

I just give you two links to the community posts

one , two 

and add some ways to resolve a problem

1) the latest RPD software (3.1) has a NAT traversal capability in standalone mode, try to play with this settings, but I don't think that it will resolve your issue.

2) if you have an opportunity, assign the public IP address to your laptop

3) you should contact your Polycom reseller and ask him about Polycom Firewall-NAT traversal solution

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot.

The issue is very clear to me now

I will look for firewall traversal solution. So traveral can solve this issue? Please can you just

give me the basic setup of design.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.