Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

When I connect the HDX8000 to the TV monitor, I am facing echo problems. I think that's because the monitor adds some delay while processing video. Could you please anyone tell me how much delay the Polycom HDX systems handle for echo cancellation?

Regards, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Current HDX code can accomodate all known display delays.
The longest that has been verified is nearly 300mS in certain NEC displays and the current AEC handles that delay without issue.
Please ensure that ANY extra processing is disabled in the display (SRS, Virtual Surround, Bass-Boost, volume leveling, BBE, etc)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Check what out of hdx8000 you use. Sounds like you use VCR out  or mic is too close to Monitor. Adjust loudness or place mic far from monitor

HP Recommended

I concur with Ovg... we had similar issues with mic placement.  I believe that if the mic is too close to the speakers the input sound may eventually overcome the cancellation.

Also, if you are somehow splitting audio with a device or just a able so that you can get sound from 2 LCD's that may introduce some delay, resulting in echo.  Try muting one screen and if it goes away, then that is your problem.

HP Recommended

What port are you connecting your TV to on the HDX ?  If it is the VCR ports (Audio/Video), they do not have an echo canceller on that audio output.  

Please use the monitor 1 audio out port and test again.

Gary M

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am using the right output. Actually I have an echo problem with only a type of monitor. The problem is about the monitor. The monitor adds delay the audio while pocessing the video. I want to learn what the echo delay the HDX can handle?

Regards,

Tufan

HP Recommended

What is the Make and Model of the monitor you are using ?

Make sure  you turn off any additional processing of audio (Surround, etc) the monitor might be doing (that is what usually causes this)...

Gary M

HP Recommended

Current HDX code can accomodate all known display delays.
The longest that has been verified is nearly 300mS in certain NEC displays and the current AEC handles that delay without issue.
Please ensure that ANY extra processing is disabled in the display (SRS, Virtual Surround, Bass-Boost, volume leveling, BBE, etc)

HP Recommended

We have had the same issue, with some LCD TV's. Usually it helps to turn aids off, like surround sound etc. But if the audio processor in TV is crap, then nothing else helps but to use proper quality separate speaker set. Also check your mic placement etc.

HP Recommended

This worked for me! I muted one of the screeens - LCDs and the echo was gone! Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.