Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have few questions about what information could Polycom partner "extract" from partnumber.

1. How could we match PN from codec itself with PN we got in Polycom Support Portal by entering it's serial

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/warrantiesandentitlement/index.htm

For example, I see the following PN on the codec: 2201-26773-002.

When I search serial number, I get the following PN: 7200-64250-101.

2. Is there a resource available where I could find all Polycom HDX hardware versions and their corresponding P/N matching?

Thanks!

Rytis

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Rytis,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually you can cross check that against the Polycom Consolidated price as some part numbers are a bundle and individual parts have a different number.

The Part Number 7200-64250-101:

7200-64250-101

RealPresence Group 500-720p: Group 500 HD codec, EagleEyeIV-12x camera, mic array, univ. remote, NTSC/PAL. Cables: 2 HDMI 1.8m, 1 CAT 5E LAN 3.6m, 1 HDCI digital 3m, Power: EURO-Type C, CE 7/7. Maintenance Contract Required.

For the Part Number 2201-26773-XXX I checked against the Release Notes Hardware and Software Compatibility section as this show as a Polycom HDX 7000 Hardware Version C.

For an End Customer I believe it will not be super easy to match this due lack of access

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

Thank you for the explanation.

I do not want for end-users to dig into all that. Otherwise why we as Polycom partners are for.

I'm not new to VC and Polycom having more than 10 years experience dealing with Polycom.

And I would like that partners such as me would be able easily find

hardware revision information do not logging-in onto customer's codec.

So your advice to open HDX software Release Notes,

go to Hardware and Software Compatibility section

and check for Part Number 2201-26773-XXX is very simple and valuable!

Seems that there is no other easier way if you know codec part number.

Sincerely,

Rytis

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.