Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,
I am encountering a problem to successfully setup my Polycom HDX 8000 behind Cisco 5540 ASA Firewall.
When I am calling, the call is established successfully but the remote site cannot see and hear me.

I have open all the ports on my ASA. I have static nat translation on ASA.

On Polycom Device

NAT Configuration: Manual

Fixed Ports Checked

NAT Public WAN IP adresss: 1.1.1.1 ( Fictitous IP)

NAT h323 is compatible: Turned Off.

I have also noted this interesting thing.

I have found a very interesting thing
I assigned public ip address to the LAN interface of my laptop and placed a call to polycom. It was successfully Both way I can see and hear
But when I assigned dhcp private ip to the laptop and placed a call. Then polycom is not able to send audio and video.
Polycom see a private ip address while recieving a call
What is mean by that Can anyone pleas help me. ?                                     

Please I am badly in need of help.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Cheak the firewall settings on page no 2 in the attached pdf.

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

I have read and followed the documents but can't get it worked.

Please help me in this.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

what video infra you have exactly??you have  EP only or you having a other backend component as well.

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Hi,

I didn't get it what you mean. Actually I am newbie to the polycom device. So, please bear with me.

Thanks for your support.

HP Recommended

i had mean that you have only polycom endpoint or you also having a polycom mcu(RMX),gatekeeper(CMA),firewalltriversal(VBP).

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Oh !! No. I have only HDX 8000 Endpoint connected to my Cisco Switch. It is assigned a private vlan ip address.

Thanks

HP Recommended

So i would work as per the instruction in the HDX guide if you are followed.could you let me know what ports you are opened on firewall side??

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

I open the following ports.

TCP: 3230-3243

TCP: 1720

UDP: 3230-3285

But here the question why the polycom is recieving far site number as private ip address of the far site user.???

Thanks

HP Recommended

its clear case of firewall ports.you will not able to send/recive media if the firewall not allow to transfer media.

attached is the list of ports needs to be open at firewall

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.