Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, I recently installed Polycom PVX (Release_all_8_0_16_0003.exe) on a laptop with a brand new copy of Windows 7 (from a company image). The applications runs and I'm able to navigate through the setup wizard, but soon after it begins crashing, especially when opening the settings window. I made it through one video conference before this behavior began. I took a screenshot of the error message I get (attached to this post).

Steps I took to try and resolve the issue:

o Full uninstallation via Windows control panel

o Rebooted the computer

o Installed using "run as administrator"

Unfortunately the program continues to crash. I'm also attaching an analysis I took of the computer, but here's the basics:

o Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit SP1
o Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T9600 @ 2.80GHz
o 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)

The only other "unique" aspect of the computer is that is has a self-encrypting drive controlled by Credant.

Many thanks for your help,

Brad Frank

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Dear bfrank...

have you tried to run pvx in Windows XP SP3 compatibilty mode ??

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hi Uwe, thanks for the suggestion, I will try that. Is Polycom PVX officially supported on Windows 7?

HP Recommended

Not fully sure about that.

As you can see in the rls notes ( HERE ) it supports MS Vista from version 8.0.4 or newer.

So it should be also possible to run it in vista compatibility mode.

If that´s for any reason not workin´ for you, just should give the m100 telepresence software solution a shot.

You can find the 30-days fully functional trial version HERE.

HP Recommended

I got it to run stable again by removing C:\Users\%profile%\AppData\Roaming\Polycom after uninstalling, and then reinstalling again. No crashes yet, fingers crossed.

HP Recommended

Got through another conference and it started crashing again, so this time I ran it with Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode and it stopped, so excellent idea on your part Uwe.

HP Recommended

This post is being moved to the Video Endpoints Forums. Telepresence Forums is strictly for the Immersive Telepresence product such as RPX, ATX, OTX and TPX.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.