Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom PVX crashing in Windows 7

Highlighted
Visitor

Polycom PVX crashing in Windows 7

Hello, I recently installed Polycom PVX (Release_all_8_0_16_0003.exe) on a laptop with a brand new copy of Windows 7 (from a company image). The applications runs and I'm able to navigate through the setup wizard, but soon after it begins crashing, especially when opening the settings window. I made it through one video conference before this behavior began. I took a screenshot of the error message I get (attached to this post).

Steps I took to try and resolve the issue:

o Full uninstallation via Windows control panel

o Rebooted the computer

o Installed using "run as administrator"

Unfortunately the program continues to crash. I'm also attaching an analysis I took of the computer, but here's the basics:

o Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit SP1
o Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T9600 @ 2.80GHz
o 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)

The only other "unique" aspect of the computer is that is has a self-encrypting drive controlled by Credant.

Many thanks for your help,

Brad Frank

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Polycom PVX crashing in Windows 7

Dear bfrank...

have you tried to run pvx in Windows XP SP3 compatibilty mode ??

Kind regards

Kind regards,
Uwe
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Uwe, thanks for the suggestion, I will try that. Is Polycom PVX officially supported on Windows 7?

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not fully sure about that.

As you can see in the rls notes ( HERE ) it supports MS Vista from version 8.0.4 or newer.

So it should be also possible to run it in vista compatibility mode.

If that´s for any reason not workin´ for you, just should give the m100 telepresence software solution a shot.

You can find the 30-days fully functional trial version HERE.

Kind regards,
Uwe
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Visitor

I got it to run stable again by removing C:\Users\%profile%\AppData\Roaming\Polycom after uninstalling, and then reinstalling again. No crashes yet, fingers crossed.

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Visitor

Got through another conference and it started crashing again, so this time I ran it with Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode and it stopped, so excellent idea on your part Uwe.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

This post is being moved to the Video Endpoints Forums. Telepresence Forums is strictly for the Immersive Telepresence product such as RPX, ATX, OTX and TPX.

Message 7 of 7