Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a few Group 500 endpoints which we are deploying in Saudi Arabi and currently there are configured just as an external endpoint which we can call over a public IP (port forwarding to internal IP).

First off is it possibe to provision these endpoints by the Resource Manager we have in the UK?

If so, what are the ports that I need to open up either in the SA or in SA and the UK?

We have do have a RPAD in the UK. We already have the following ports open;

Inbound

TCP 1719, 3230-3242, 80

UDP 3230-3285

Outbound

TCP - Any

UDP - Any

When I attempt to provision the endpoint I get a "Automatic provisioning failed. An error occurred while obtaining the provisioning profile. Please contact your system administrator for assistance"

Does any idea's on the ports? I can't find anything on the web.... I seem to remember port 443 being required??

FYI - For the provision server address I have entered the RPAD's IP...

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Port 443 is required. For other ports needed for proper operation take a look at "RP RM System Operation Guide" -> "System Security and Port Usage" and "Admin's Guide for RPG Series" -> "Port Usage".

Hope this could help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.