Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello team,

May I know is there any known issue of new version RPD?

When I use version "RPD-release_3.7" with my Yealink T49G, video from the other side can't be seen.

Downloading to previous version "RPD-release_3.3_50871" or ealier version solve the issue imediatelly.

Pcap trace has been attached.

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

In your packet trace:

DynamicRTP-Type-97 and 123 packets are coming in from 10.15.151.2

Is it possible that traffic is being dropped between the packet capture point and the endpoint?

You might provide a PCAP file of a good call for comparison.

HP Recommended
I attach packet of 3.3 Thanks,
HP Recommended

To confirm my interpretation of the scenario:

Polycom RPD 3.3 H.323 calling Yealink SIP T49G, video received fine from T49G

Polycom RPD 3.7 H.323 calling Yealink SIP T49G, video failing from T49G

Packet captures are from the Polycom RPD end but where exactly, the Desktop PC or a intermediary switch/router/firewall or gatekeeper?

What do you have doing the H.323 to SIP conversion? The gatekeeper the RPD is registering to?

The packet captures appear similar with TCP/UDP port numbers changing as the calls advance thru the alloted port ranges.

HP Recommended
Yes, you are correct. Changing protocol to SIP doesn't make a difference. They call through ip address, no gatekeeper registered. I also attach RPDlogs, may be some error info can be found. Thank you!
HP Recommended

If you have purchased a license for your RPD then you should probably open a ticket with Polycom.  They might be able to determine the difference between RPD 3.3 and RPD 3.7 that is causing the issue. May be simple as a configuration setting.

In the RPD log files, the 3.7 calls contain numerous 'SendKeyFrameRequest, GDR but the frequency is too high.'s and the 3.3 calls do not.  There may be some problem with the incoming video frames and the RPD 3.7 interpreting them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.