Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have two Real Presence Group 310 video endpoints.  We are trying to complete 1024k calls betwen US and Mexico.  Latency is around 80 ms.  We have QoS setup between the locations.  We see between 0 and 10% packet loss.

The video call will freeze for between 4 and 5 minutes during the call.

Does anybody have any setting ideas to check? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Latency is high.

Have you tired lower speeds?  Have you tested when no one is in the offices?  

Depending on the access and the provider of the backbone you may have a congestion problem.  Where do you see the packet loss, at the VCing unit or on your network stats?

HP Recommended

I will try lowering the bandwidth.  I only see packet loss on video conferencing unit.  I cannot attribute loss to anywhere on the network.

Thanks,

Alex

HP Recommended

Lost packets on the video not showing in the network stats generally points to a jitter issue.  Packets arriving outside of the jitter buffer will be considered as lost to the video system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.