Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Trying to upgrade to 4.1.3-111080.  I'm new to this system.  USB method doesn't seem to work.  Automatic software updates does nothing.  Entering polycom in Server Address results in Unable to Access Server. Entering http://downloads.polycom.com/video/group_series/polycom-gseries-release-4.1.3-111080.tar also results in Unable to Access Server.  Talked with the installers but they are unsure as to why it is not updating. 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

What is  your current version? Probably you should have upgrade key.... If you provide S/N of your RPG 500, i'll try to check...

P.S.  I have upgrade about 10  RPG 500 via all three methods: USB stick, Polycom WWW server and my own www-server. No problem at ALL

HP Recommended

2 of the methods still do not work.  Finally figured out the USB upgrade method.  Had to login locally using the monitor.  Once I did that and plugged the USB stick in the Upgrade Software notice showed up.  I do not see in the instructions where it tells you to login.  If not, nothing shows up on the screen.  I did not do the setup of the system configuration so I still learning the quirks.

HP Recommended

Are there any high level steps out there on setting up our own server to use to push Group Series updates?

HP Recommended

I am unable to uggrade the Group 500 model by all three methods.

Sr No. 82142441E7EACV

Pls help

manoj

@Ovg1 wrote:

What is  your current version? Probably you should have upgrade key.... If you provide S/N of your RPG 500, i'll try to check...

P.S.  I have upgrade about 10  RPG 500 via all three methods: USB stick, Polycom WWW server and my own www-server. No problem at ALL

HP Recommended

2smanoj

Your codec doesn't have a service contract, so you can't upgrade it at all. Ask your supplier why your new codec doesn't have a service contract.

HP Recommended

Am I having the same problem?  My S/N is 821442425DB2CV for the Group 500.

I have created a sw_keys.txt file with the upgrade key code inside, and I have also downloaded the lastest 5.1.1 tar file, I put them both in the root folder of my usb (I am not sure about this one, do I have to create a folder called root or is it just the outer most folder?), but nothing happens in both my VC main screen nor the web login page.

The "Check for Software Updates" button says "Unable to load data from server".

There is no manual upload button to upload from my pc.  My current version is 4.1.5.

HP Recommended

Hiiii,

Actually in your earlier post,

You have mention that you have upgraded the Group 500 using your own WWW server as well?

Can you please explain with the steps..of it as i require it for alternate upgrade purpose if sometimes USB stick would give the issue

HP Recommended

Read http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro... from p 27

I'm lazy and hate to run around codecs with USB stick and press buttons on RC....

HP Recommended

Hello. I have new RPG500 with System Software 4.1.5- 180072

The device is placed in remote office. I want update firmware remotly. I have created HTTP server on Windows server 2008.

Put the server name "10.202.201.36/polycom" on the update section in WWW interface of the Polycom. When I press update the message appears "Unable to access server. Contact your system administrator for assistance." I have croscheecked that the www server is available for anonymous users. PLease help me to determine where can be problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.