Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom RealPresence Group 700 Share Content issue

Occasional Visitor

Polycom RealPresence Group 700 Share Content issue

Hi All,

Currently I facing a problem is when I try to share laptop image or barco clickshare through polycom realpresence group 700, there will be blue screen image or blue tinted image only.

For your inform if I send laptop source or clickshare source through extron switcher to epson projector, all video signal working fine without any image distortion.

I curious is possible HDCP causing this issue when go through Polycom share content. If yes, what  should I do from polycom setting to avoid this blue screen issue happen.

Below attached file for your reference.

7 REPLIES 7
Occasional Visitor

Re: Polycom RealPresence Group 700 Share Content issue

Occasional Visitor

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Michael,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 8
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen,

The current firmware used for realpresence group 700 is 5.1.2.

Message 5 of 8
Advisor

Are you sharing from a MAC over HDMI? It sates in tge GS admin guide that Mac's are subject to HDCP restrictions while the GS is in a call. There is nothing you can do to avoid this completely. I have had some luck with a VGA converter for a MAC as VGA doesnt send HD audio..still the admin guide makes no promise this will work 100% of the time. This is not a Polycom issue, its by design of HDCP.

Message 6 of 8
Occasional Contributor

of course this is a polycom issue, you are a provider of video conferencing products and we are unable to share content via your product due to hdcp

Message 7 of 8
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Rbuckner ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Poly manufactures Video Conference equipment but we must obey standards and honour HDCP.

Please work with the manufacturer of the device you are trying to share content to our device in order to check if they can disable HDCP.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 8 of 8