Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please see my system information below:

Model: Realpresence Group 500

System Software: Realease - 5.0.0-211246

I am having problems with ghost calls.  However, now my main problem is I used the whitelist function and forgot to whitelist the IP address associated with this room system.  Therefore, I cannot access the system via the web.  I would like to avoid doing a factory reset if at all possible because my Polycom is out of warranty.

Your help is apprciated.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi SD,

Reset Systems --> ok 

No Problem. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Connect with IP address of whitelist.

Give your computer a fixed IP address from the IP address block in the whitelist.

With cross cable, you can connect with the IP address of the whitelist.

HP Recommended

Thanks, MrT.  I have serveral questions:

1.  HOW DO I FIND THE PUBLIC IP ADDRESS OF THE WHITELIST?

2.  You state, "With cross cable, you can connect with the IP address of the whitelist."  SO AM I CONNECTING A LAPTOP DIRECTLY TO THE POLYCOM?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry, I got it wrong.

Whitelist> if there is no local network blog, you can not connect.

You will have to withdraw to factory settings. There will be no problem if there is no guarantee.

You can set it to factory settings with the remote control.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Mr.T.  Sorry, I do not quite understand your last sentence,

"There will be no problem if there is no guarantee.  You can set it to factory settings with the remote control." 

Also, even though my system is out of warranty, will I be able to update to the current software version I have installed, Release 5.0.0-211246?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Warranty it is no problem. You can upload.
If you send me the system serial number, I can check.

HP Recommended

Hi Mr.T,

I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS MY POLYCOM VIA THE WEB.  I ALSO WANT TO KEEP THE CURRENT SOFTWARE VERSION.  PLEASE TELL ME WHICH SETTINGS FROM THE IMAGE I SHOULD SELECT. 

I found the following information on the internet:

Reset a RealPresence Group System

If the system is not functioning correctly or you have forgotten the Admin Room Password, you can reset

the system with Delete System Settings enabled. This procedure effectively refreshes your system,

deleting all settings except the following one:

• Current software version
  • Remote control channel ID setting
  • Directory entries
  • CDR data and logs

To reset the system using the local interface:

1 Go to Settings > System Information > Diagnostics > Reset System.

2 Enable Delete System Settings.

3 Click Reset System.

After about 15 seconds, the system restarts and displays the setup wizard

WHAT IFNORMATION WILL I NEED TO ENTER FROM HERE?

HP Recommended

Hi SD,

Reset Systems --> ok 

No Problem. 

HP Recommended
Hi,

Could you?
HP Recommended

Hi 

What is Group500 local IP address ?? . 

You can plug a lan cable from laptop to group 500 ( IP address of latop is in range IP with group 500 ) . If you can ping group 500 from laptop, you can then connect to it 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.