Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Serial Numbers & MAC addresses.

Trusted Contributor

Polycom Serial Numbers & MAC addresses.

Hi all.

We're all familiar with the MAC address part of a Viewstation/VSX/HDX/RPG S#.  Does the CX range follow the same convention.

ie Does it always start with 00:E0:DB followed by the last 6 digits of the S# minus the last 2 identifiers?

Pete

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Re: Polycom Serial Numbers & MAC addresses.

Which CX product line?

CX 5100 / 5500

CX 7000

CX 8000

Thanks.

Message 2 of 7
Trusted Contributor

Let's go with CX5100/5500 but I'm interested in all of them.  Pete

Message 3 of 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Pete,

nowhere near a CX7000 or CX8000 at present but the CX5100 and CX5500 should use 00e0db for the first three octets.

Not a rule of thumb and may change if we run out of these Mac's.

Example our new VVX 101 and VVX 201 phone who instead of 0004F2 now use 64167F as an example.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Honored Contributor

Colleagues,

Having at the moment no CX devices in hands I need to know the format of CX series products.

At my knowledge the 14 digits format is used, if so let me know how last two symbols identify the device?

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 5 of 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Mike,

Have a look here:

CX5500_Serial_MAC.PNG

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 6 of 7
Honored Contributor

Thanks!

So we begin:

CX5500 = DA

Lets continue!

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 7 of 7