Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I have an HDX8000 that is controlled by a Polycom touch panel, connected directly to the codec and using the PoE adapter.  The system and the panel have been working fine for the last couple years, but a couple days ago the touch panel rebooted at some point and now is stuck on the initial splash screen (shows the Polycom logo on the black and red background - picture attached).  It remains on the splash screen until power is physically cut to the panel.  Trying to boot again results in the same freeze on the splash screen.

The codec is running: Release - 3.0.5-22695

No idea if the panel did an auto-upgrade since I can't boot it to see the version.  It was using a compatible version, but can't confirm what its current version is.

I had our technician disconnect the panel from the codec and connect only the power.  Same results, frozen on splash screen.

I've searched the FAQs, knowledge base, and community for anyone reporting the same issue but couldn't find anything relevant.

Is there a way to hard reset the panel, or maybe something I can try with software installation from USB?

Thanks!

Matt

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Matt,

The procedure to Performing a Factory Restore on the Polycom Touch Control can be found in HDX (or RPG) Admin's Guide, Troubleshooting section.

Also take a look at >>> PTC upgrade direct from zip files <<<.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.