Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Morning All,

we have a polycom vsx 5000 which we are trying to setup. Unfortunatly the device load up and shows solid green light from the front of the device.

I connected the polycon to monitor and didn't show any output and tested it on different monitor where our polycom vsx7000 is setup. Again on this one vsx5000 failed to boot up but still shows solid green light.

Could you please advise me with your advise and finding in resolving this issue?

Many thanks,

Russ.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, 

What type of connection are you doing for monitor one S-video or VGA? If you are using S-Video try booting up the VSX while holding down the # key on your remote. If VGA then boot up the system holding down the * key on your remote. I have attached a image of the back panel for the VSX 5000 and labels for all the ports. If you are using S-Video just want to make sure we are using the main monitor S-Video port. 

HP Recommended

Hi Russell,

Thank you for your help. I used VGA to connection from my monitor to the VC. I must say "If VGA then boot up the system holding down the * key on your remote" did work as per your recommendation below.

However, I have another problem which is to do with sound.
I connected the speaker to the VC and when I tested it, I can see the other person from the other end but I cannot hear any sound but they can see me and hear me clearly.

Could you please advise if I have missed anything while I set this up or if i need to make any adjustment on the setting of VSX5000?

Many thanks,
Russ.

HP Recommended

Hi Russell,

I figured out my problem and resolved.

I just used jack carries stereo at the back of my Monitor and Now all my video and sound Input/output are operating as expected.

Thank you for help.

Russ.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.