Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

First, thanks in advance for taking the time to help me.

We use a VSX 7000 system on the company. The administration web page is currently blocked with a password and we don't have it. At this moment we don't want to reset the configuration to its defaults because of bussines continuity. In the future we will reset the configuration and start all over.

Now we have our TV VGA connector broken, so we can't connect through it. The VC system is configured to output the signal trough it and not trough the S-Video connector.

Someone here told us that there is a way to change the output method trough the remote control, holdin some key or something like that.

My question: is this true? Is there a way for us to change the output methd without going into the system setup?

Thanks again for all your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello IGarcia,

I understand that you are having some issues with your VSX7000 and are looking for some information on changing the monitor output. To answer your question yes, you are able to change the monitor output for the unit. This can be done by powering off the unit and as you are powering the unit back up holding down the pound key on the remote. This should force the unit to boot into S-Video mode.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello IGarcia,

I understand that you are having some issues with your VSX7000 and are looking for some information on changing the monitor output. To answer your question yes, you are able to change the monitor output for the unit. This can be done by powering off the unit and as you are powering the unit back up holding down the pound key on the remote. This should force the unit to boot into S-Video mode.

HP Recommended

Correction:  video output on the VSX7000.

VSX7000 and are looking for some information on changing the monitor output. To answer your question yes, you are able to change the monitor output for the unit. This can be done by powering off the unit and as you are powering the unit back up holding down the pound key on the remote. This should force the unit to boot into S-Video mode.

HP Recommended

I am having the opposite issue, I hope you can help.  I do not have the system password, and the system is set for S-Video. Our S-Video LCD TV broke and I cannot locate another LCD w/S-Video. I need to change the VSX7000 to VGA but cannot login to the unit.  How can I change the "video output" from S-Video to VGA using the remote?  Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

@JohnPall wrote:

I am having the opposite issue, I hope you can help.  I do not have the system password, and the system is set for S-Video. Our S-Video LCD TV broke and I cannot locate another LCD w/S-Video. I need to change the VSX7000 to VGA but cannot login to the unit.  How can I change the "video output" from S-Video to VGA using the remote?  Thank you in advance.

On the remote, press and hold the * key during power up until Polycom splash screen appears changes the codec video output to VGA.

On the remote, press and hold the # key during power up until Polycom splash screen appears changes the codec video output to S-Video.

Don't forget to set the monitor input to VGA prior to powering up the codec.

HP Recommended

I know this topic is old, but is there a way to projec to two TV's? one VGA one S-video?

HP Recommended

Not sure if you are still able to answer a question but I have a Polycom VSX7000 and for some reason when I am connecting by VGA I get a message on the monitor "out of timing" V: 60hz and H:15.7khz.  Any idea what may be happening?  No video diplayed.

Kind Regards

Dan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.