Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am facing a problem with polcycom VSX 7000 equipment software version 8.7.1, issue is given below,

We are unable to connect a call while using Private IPs or (local network) but we are able to make conference call using Public IPs.

I added static NAT or allowed used IP from Firewall after all it is not working. Could you please look into this? Thank you.

Regards,

Tayyab

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here’s how I explain the function:

If the NAT is 323 compatible is checked, the unit is putting the ‘real’ IP address at both layer 3 and layer 7 of the packet.

If it is unchecked, the unit puts the ‘real’ IP address in L3 and the WAN IP in L7 of the packet.

NAT is compatible is extremely close, in real-world function, to having no NAT settings at all. When it is checked, the unit is depending on the firewall to intercept the packets & do the L3 NAT (change internal IP to external IP/vice-versa), as well as open the payload of the packet, determine if there is anything ‘to do’ (such as determine if it is an H245 packet and alter the IP address/port numbers contained therein) & do whatever is necessary.

When not checked, the codec has the simple thought process of: “the firewall here is dumb, so I have to put the WAN IP in the payload part so this call will work”

The layer 3 part of the packet, regardless of the NAT settings, is the same as it would not work otherwise.

This is a firewall issue. Try checking the box for 'Nat is H323 compatible' and place the call.

If it then allows internal calls (note you will not be able to make external calls) then your firewall is not H323 compatible. 

HP Recommended

Dear Ken,

Thank you so much for your reply, I am still facing problem that’s why I want to tell you my brief scenario how i am working,

We created a test scenario in which there is no firewall

Polycom is behind the router

Router is performing the NAT functionality after that I did the below exercises,

• First enable NAT 323 compatible is checked
  • Second enable NAT 323 compatible is unchecked

In both of above cases I am unable to  call, kindly can you please help me  am I working correctly or I have need  to make changing   to place a successful call ?

Regards,

Tayyab

HP Recommended

Hi Team,

Please let me know which firewall port should open at fortiget firewall to connect VC .

HP Recommended

Hi Team,

I am using polycom vsx 700 behind fortiget firewall.

let me know list of port to access the VC through public IP.

HP Recommended

Take a look at VSX Admin's Guide -> Annex C: Port Usage.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.